Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Kingdom of God - Introduction

Luke 4:42-44 (NRSV)

At daybreak (Jesus) departed and went into a deserted place. And the crowds were looking for him; and when they reached him, they wanted to prevent him from leaving them. But he said to them, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose.” So he continued proclaiming the message in the synagogues of Judea.

Happy New Year!
I am late getting into writing for the New Year after being sick last week. And I admit also to struggling with what to write about.
But a kind soul made a suggestion to me that I like. 
Let's talk about the kingdom of God.
What is it? Where is it? When is it?
Jesus talked perhaps about nothing more than he did The Kingdom of God. It was his most central teaching. It was, and is, wrapped up tightly with the good news itself.
In the gospel of Luke alone it is mentioned 32 times.
So what do we talk about when we talk about the Kingdom of God?
How did Jesus proclaim it?
How do we proclaim it?
Is it Heaven?
Are we waiting for it?
Is it even a place at all?

Your Kingdom come, Lord. Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment