Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Acts 9:17-20

Acts 9:17-20

So Ananias went and entered the house. He laid his hands on Sauland said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on your way here, has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and his sight was restored. Then he got up and was baptized, and after taking some food, he regained his strength.
For several days he was with the disciples in Damascus, and immediately he began to proclaim Jesus in the synagogues, saying, “He is the Son of God.”

Have you ever been converted?
I don't necessarily mean in the Christian sense of the word - although that certainly applies too. I'm meaning about anything. Have you ever gone from feeling strongly one way and then done a complete about face about it?
In my experience, converted people just can't stop talking about it. I know I can't.
Back in the day, I remember being told I should watch the TV show "The Wire." I've talked about that here before. I resisted. I could not imagine having any interest in watching a show about drug dealers.
But about ten years after it started, and a while after it went off the air, a "converted" Wire fan convinced me to watch it.
And I was converted!
And (clearly) I'm still talking about. It IS that good. It IS the greatest TV show ever...
OK...I digress.
So I was converted to a TV show.
And if I can't shut up about that, imagine how Paul was after he'd been converted to following Jesus.
This converted former enemy said as his first words as a follower of Christ: "He is the Son of God."
And letter after letter attests that he didn't shut up about it!
We get, I think, perhaps, comfortable in our places as God's children. We forget perhaps what it is to be converted.
But we are called daily to converted hearts. 
Daily to beginning again and seeing with new eyes, as Paul did.
And imagine if we all just couldn't shut up about it?

Lord, remove the scales from my eyes and convert my heart. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment