Monday, May 12, 2014

Taking a short break

I slept in this morning - something I rarely if ever do.  Mostly I did today because I haven't really been sleeping well and today the choice between staying in bed and blogging was won out by staying in bed.

As part of that, I've been feeling a bit nudged to take a bit of a break.  Life has been hectic lately and not in a happy way.  I've got two people who are near and dear to me that are very ill and in the hospital.  One is my aunt - who for all intents and purposes was a mother figure to me for my first years of life.  She's very important to me, and I always think of her on Mother's Day.  Yesterday on Mother's Day, I couldn't even talk to her as she is in isolation.

In addition, the dad of one of my very best friends is in the hospital in Texas.  He's got congenital heart disease and the prognosis is not sounding good.  

It is hard to be so far away from both my aunt and my friend and her family at a time like this, so I've been praying from afar and hoping that I am able to be with both my family and my friend and her family as soon as I am able.

Work is also busy right now with lots of other writing I'm doing, and I am getting ready to leave for vacation next week.  I'll get to see my dad who I haven't seen in a year, which is a bright spot on my horizon!

So, while I try to wrap up things and wait to hear news of beloved family and friends, I am going to take a break from the blog.  I will plan on returning the day after Memorial Day, if all things go as hoped.

And when I do, now that we've wrapped up our characters in Genesis, I'll being looking at some characters in Exodus.

Peace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment