Thursday, March 19, 2015

Patience...

Isaiah 30:18New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you;
    therefore he will rise up to show mercy to you.
For the Lord is a God of justice;
    blessed are all those who wait for him.


How patient are you?

I'm not very.  OK.  I'm not at all.

So...

Blessed are those who wait for God.

OK.

Why wait?

Because the Lord is a God of justice.  And justice is worth waiting for.  Mercy is worth waiting for.  Graciousness is worth waiting for.

Even when you are impatient like I am.

Even when it feels like justice or mercy or grace will never come.

Because they will come. 

And the blessing is born out of the waiting.

And the grace will make it worth the wait.


God of grace and justice, shine your mercy down, and when I am impatient, remind me that you are worth waiting for!  Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment