Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Triduum

Holy Week comes to an end with the Paschal Triduum - the three days: Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and then ending on Easter Sunday.  Included is Easter Vigil, which is not observed in most of the Lutheran churches I have been a part of.

But for more on this holy time of year, here are the good people of Busted Halo with some background:  The Triduum

In addition, here's some music I always listen to this time of year.  Not perhaps for everyone.  For classical music loves there is always Bach's St. Matthew Passion or Handel's Messiah.

But sometimes I just need a little U2 to get me feeling the full emotional weight of this week:  

(Link to video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejJdfkFjKCA)

Lyrics:

Haven't seen you in quite a while
I was down the hold just passing time
Last time we met was a low-lit room
We were as close together as a bride and groom
We ate the food, we drank the wine
Everybody having a good time
Except you
You were talking about the end of the world

I took the money
I spiked your drink
You miss too much these days if you stop to think
You lead me on with those innocent eyes
You know I love the element of surprise
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You...you were acting like it was 
The end of the world

(Love...love...)

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows
But my sorrows, they learned to swim
Surrounding me, going down on me
Spilling over the brim
Waves of regret and waves of joy
I reached out for the one I tried to destroy
You...you said you'd wait 
'til the end of the world

Writer(s): Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen, Dave Evans, Paul David Hewson
                                                  Copyright: Polygram Int. Music Publishing B.V.


May this Easter Season be one of blessing and promise and hope for you!


Lord of all creation, thank you for your sacrifice and for your unfathomable love for us! Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment